Thermalite™ Shutters are the best synthetic shutters available – they
look and feel exactly like wood, but have some qualities that far surpass those
Made from polymer foam, Thermalite™ is a solid, non-toxic, synthetic
material. Because Thermalite™ is 100% synthetic, no natural
resources are destroyed in the manufacturing process. Additionally,
Thermalite™ is water resistant, fire retardant, and insulates more
than two times greater than wood.
Thermalite’s manufacturing process includes the patented Duraglide Louver
Tension System, guaranteed never to need tightening or adjusting. The
fastening system used to secure the tilt rod to the louvers is guaranteed never
to loosen or to pull out.
Thermalite™ Synthetic Shutter Facts:
- Developed by Danmer, Inc. in the mid-80s, Thermalite™ is made from
dense polymer foam.
- Non-toxic, water-resistant, and fire retardant.
- Insulates more than two times greater than wood.
- Painted finish; therefore it will not yellow like the other synthetics
on the market.
- Man made recycled material – no
trees are needed to manufacture this product.
- Looks and feels like wood!
- Guaranteed not to crack, warp, peel or yellow.
- Easy to care for: anti-static quality repels dust.
- Patented Duraglide tension system.
- Extra long, specialized staples: guaranteed not to fall out.
- Light stops on hinged stiles.
- Rabbeted stiles where two panels come together from the opposite direction.
Improves light control.
Thermalite™ Shutter Warranty
View our Gallery of Photos and Videos
- All warranties are transferable.
- 10 years on painted finish.
- 25 years on workmanship and labor.
- Lifetime on all moving parts, including louver tension system and staples.
- Lifetime against warping, cracking, yellowing and peeling.